Meeting with representatives of Klaipeda port and LJKKA on possibilities of cargo dersification
2021 11 25
Given the current market situation, a meeting was organized between the representatives of Klaipeda port and LJKKA to create new opportunities and maintain a competitive league in the Lithuanian logistics and transport sectors.
The following topics were discussed during the meeting:
- Encourage the maintenance of a uniform, competitive level of transport and charges for the longer term.
- Encourage producers to more actively import raw materials and export goods to other Western European countries.
- The problems of the sector in other markets are presented. According to the representatives, close co-operation with business, associations and other state structures needs to be established.
- During the meeting, five new alternative export directions to the West were proposed.
- Prospects for transporting semi-trailers to Turkey and Scandinavia are discussed.
- Aspects of intermodal transport permits are discussed.
- Statistical system (H52, H49)
- Issues related to customs procedures, VAT and transport insurance were discussed.
- The desire to create a competitive level playing field for Lithuanian carriers, freight forwarders and logistics.
Tautginas Sankauskas, Vice President of the Lithuanian National Association of Freight Forwarders and Logistics, participated in the meeting.