LINEKA – IS:
- Lithuanian National Association of Forwarders and Logistics founded In 1993.
- The member of International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations FIATA
Over 60 companies and organisations engaged in freight forwarding and logistic business or closely related with this business;
- To represent the interests of its members in governmental, social and international organisations
- To develop relations with international freight forwarding and logistic organisations
- To improve the quality of Lithuanian freight forwarding and logistic services
- To organise vocational training for freight forwarders
LINEKA is structured into Working Blocks each in their turn dealing with every aspect that affects the international movement of freight:
- Vocational training of freight forwarders and logistic service providers. Person in charge: Vice-President Dainius Petravicius;
- Membership, collaboration and development. Person in charge: Vice-President Arunas Bertasius.
- Block of legal regulation, finances and insurance protection of freight forwarders and logistic service providers. Person in charge: Vice-President Ignas Puluikis.
LINEKA, together with other business organisations, state and municipal authorities, participates in the law-making process, in the development, harmonisation and improvement of legislation. The Association has developed, approved and agreed with the interested institutions the "General Forwarding Conditions of Lithuanian Freight Forwarders", which are followed by the members of the Association. In 2001, the Association initiated the inclusion of a separate section on freight forwarding activities in the new Civil Code.
„LINEKA“ REPRESENTS THE INTERESTS OF ITS MEMBES IN
- Vilnius Chamber of Commerce Industry and Crafts;
- Lithuanian Business Confederation;
- Lithuanian Confederation of Industrialists;
- Customs Advisory Committee;
- East-West Transport Corridor Association;
- Lithuanian Intermodal Transport Technology Platform;
- Transport and Transit Committee;
- Other government working groups.